[Spellyans] Goat

Owen Cook owen.e.cook at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 11:30:19 IST 2009

I'm weighing in late, but I completely agree with Dan, Jon and Craig
on this word. I see nothing wrong with 'gaver'. It's textually
attested in the scribal tradition, while 'gavar' is not. It clearly
indicates the intended pronunciation. If we absolutely must see this
spelling as an olive branch to KK -- oh, terror! -- then it is
certainly an olive branch we can extend without scruple.

~~Owen