[Spellyans] Goat

Craig Weatherhill craig at agantavas.org
Sun Apr 12 17:30:38 IST 2009

All bar me, it seems.  Historic place names (if from Cornish sources)
are part of the scribal tradition. They're not all on maps - in fact,
very few are.  You'll find them on Cornish pipe rolls, assize rolls,
charters, inventories, probate documents, etc. etc.  For me, that
makes them part of the Cornish scribal tradition and, accordingly,
should be taken seriously.  I always have in that regard.

Craig

On 12 Ebr 2009, at 11:31, Michael Everson wrote:

> On 10 Apr 2009, at 16:15, Craig Weatherhill wrote:
>
>> Plus historic place name evidence: gaver 4; gavar 0.
>
> In fairness, I think we are all agreed that historic place-names do
> not fall within the scribal tradition per se.

Craig Weatherhill