[Spellyans] AHG

Ray Chubb ray at spyrys.org
Mon Apr 13 09:18:54 IST 2009

On 12 Ebr 2009, at 12:43, Daniel Prohaska wrote:

> Dhis lowena, Clive!
> I’m not quite sure who you’re referring to when you say “the whole
> purpose was usurped by ‘Bill and Ben’” beyond the flower pot men
> reference. According to the first hand report I go from Albert Bock
> KD was the basis at the first AHG meeting and Ben Bruch (do you
> consider him the “Ben”, I wonder) tried to focus everyone on the KD
> foundation several times, but failing. It was Albert’s impression
> that the KD spec was either not known enough to the AHG members, or
> they didn’t care about it, so it shifted towards KK.

I think perhaps, Dan, you are being over generous to the KK
representatives on the AHG.  They were in effect dragged kicking and
screaming to the AHG meetings and they had no intention from the
outset of building on KD as the commission had recommended.  The aim
was to make as few changes as they could get away with to KK.  This
means that they were nothing but Ken George's hench men and women
because Ken had said all along that maybe a few small changes to KK
would satisfy the rest of us.

I shall never forgive them for they way they have cheated our children
out of their language heritage.

Problems have already arising in trying to teach SWF.  Children aren't
stupid, they know full well that, although they are being taught
'chi', all around them it is spelt 'chy' and this leads them to
question what they are being taught.  Clive will back me up on this
one.  This sort of thing only serves to undermine the SWF.

Ray Chubb

Portreth
Kernow