[Spellyans] Memorial to the Prayer Book Rebellion of 1549

Ray Chubb ray at spyrys.org
Tue Aug 11 19:50:05 IST 2009

Glasney was not sold off and dismantled at the time of the dissolution
of the monasteries.  This was done at the time of the Prayer Book
Uprising.  It was almost as if the authorities wanted to wipe the
Cornish and their language off the face of the earth.  No wonder there
was an uprising.  I refuse to call a fight for human rights a rebellion.

Read:   The History of Glasney College by James Whetter ISBN
0-907018-42-4

On 11 Est 2009, at 15:02, Craig Weatherhill wrote:

>> The Prayer Book Rebellion in 1549 under Edward VI was quite a
>> different matter from the dissolution of the monasteries and
>> religious houses under Henry VIII and it is curious that the two
>> events have been confused in this memorial.

Ray Chubb

Portreth
Kernow