[Spellyans] Kernowek Standard and the SWF

Michael Everson everson at evertype.com
Thu Feb 19 12:41:43 GMT 2009

Dear Jonathan,

With regard to your article on Cornish orthography at http://www.newlinguist.co.uk/dialect.html
  I would like to make the following correction. You say:

"With this in mind, the Cornish Language Partnership & the Kernowek
group have launched a discussion mailing list, titled Spellyans, where
enthusiasts can sign up and discuss possible resolutions to these
issues."

The CLP did not co-launch this discussion list. The CLP will use the
SWF unchanged until a review in 2013, which is fine; they are a
government body and has other things to care about than the
Orthography Wars. Those of us involved with Spellyans ('Spelling')
have worked to identify inconsistencies and errors in the SWF, and we
have implemented these in Kernowek Standard, an orthography in which
publications are now beginning to appear.

With best regards,