[Spellyans] cùsul

Daniel Prohaska daniel at ryan-prohaska.com
Mon Feb 2 15:15:35 GMT 2009

Nicholas a scrifas:

“Dan's dictionary has kusul/cusul and kusulya/cusulya for the SWF and in
both cases he suggests that the medial <s> is to be pronounced [z]. This
pronunciation is presumably inherited from KK (and UC) and is probably not
to be recommended.”

I should have realised this, especially since I know Revived Late Cornish
always had <cussel>. I will correct this error immediately in the
dictionary. I wonder, if the stressed vowel isn’t /y/, but /U/, how to spell
this in the SWF. The only graph I’d be allowed to use would be <o>, thus
<kossel>~<cossel>.

Dan

  _____