[Spellyans] i ~ y

Daniel Prohaska daniel at ryan-prohaska.com
Tue Feb 3 14:01:46 GMT 2009

The SWF doesn’t, unfortunately, go by the attested spellings, but rather assumes a context conditioned variation of [ð] and [θ] in unstressed syllables where etymologically /ð/ is expected, i.e. British /d/ or intervocalic /j/. As far as I can recall this was an AHG decision and it is mentioned in the final specification.

Dan

  _____