[Spellyans] i ~ y

Jon Mills j.mills at email.com
Wed Feb 4 11:17:13 GMT 2009

These examples supplied by Craig do not indicate that /θ/ and /ð/ are separate phonemes of Cornish between vowels. For that you need a minimum contrast pair. For example, the pair, 'ether' and 'either' demonstrate that /θ/ and /ð/ are separate phonemes of English between vowels. I am not convinced that θ/ and /ð/ are separate phonemes of Cornish.
Jon