[Spellyans] i ~ y

Jon Mills j.mills at email.com
Wed Feb 4 15:10:53 GMT 2009

"Michael Everson" <everson at evertype.com> wrote
> Synchronically, at least, they are separate phonemes in Revived
> Cornish. And have been for a century.

Revived Cornish is the Cornish of language learners and comes with the errors that L2 learners make. I do not hold with the view that 'this or that usage may not concur with what is attested in the corpus of traditional Cornish but its what we do now, so its okay'. By such a standard, any common solecism could be said to be good Revived Cornish. We all make errors when we learn a second language. We should admit that they are errors and try to improve.

Dr. Jon Mills,
University of Kent

Be Yourself @ mail.com!
Choose From 200+ Email Addresses