[Spellyans] <hedre>

ajtrim at msn.com ajtrim at msn.com
Tue Feb 10 11:29:13 GMT 2009

These examples seem to confirm that the stress is on the second syllable.
Perhaps there is an indication here that the final e of hadre/hedre should be short.
The word means "as long as", "while".
The word commonly used for "as" / "while" is ha/hag.

Therefore, I think the SWF should use hadre with a short stressed e.
If sufficiently attested, hedre should also be allowed as either e or a would be schwa.

Regards,

Andrew J. Trim