[Spellyans] A little essay for "Penny"

Jon Mills j.mills at email.com
Wed Feb 11 10:40:08 GMT 2009

Michael,
I'm not sure what it is that you are trying to say with regard to fortis and lenis consonants. It is, I believe, generally recognised that Present Day English has fortis and lenis consonants. So why do you say, "It is unlikely that Dolly Pentreath or her contemporaries  were speaking English or Cornish with fortis and lenis consonants ..."?
Jon