[Spellyans] 2nd pl imperative

Hewitt, Stephen s.hewitt at unesco.org
Sun Feb 22 09:34:22 GMT 2009

I can't think of any verb for which there is a distinction in Welsh.

In Breton, there is normally no distinction. However, in Leon (NW of Breton-speaking area) 2pl used to be -it, but is increasingly -oc'h (probably through analogy with other tenses); but for the imperative, it is only -it, never -oc'h, so in those dialects there is now a stable distinction between present 2 pl -oc'h and imperative -it.

Steve Hewitt