[Spellyans] gostoyth, gosteyth, gostyth

Daniel Prohaska daniel at ryan-prohaska.com
Mon Feb 23 14:36:17 GMT 2009

Meur ras dhis, Nicholas,

I go with <gosteyth> and <gosteythter>. This seems most plausible to me. I have other instances in the dictionary where I give unstressed <ey> as [ə], such as <teyrgweyth> [ˈtɛɪrgwəθ] (SAMPA [“tEIrgw at T])., so this will be the form I will put in the dictionary. Maybe [ə] ought to be [ɪ] in both?

Dan

  _____