[Spellyans] kal revisited

Owen Cook owen.e.cook at gmail.com
Sun Jan 4 14:14:42 GMT 2009

The fact that Lhuyd apparently always has this as 'kal' rather than
'kâl' makes me think that the vowel is short, and that in KS we should
write the word as 'call' (corresponding nicely with the adjective
'callek') or else 'càl'. As a placename prefix, of course, 'cal-' is
well and good as far as KS would be concerned. Any thoughts?

~~Owen