[Spellyans] Alys in Pow an Anethow in Kernowek -- Alice's Adventures in Wonderland in Cornish

Eddie Climo eddie_climo at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jan 22 17:47:17 GMT 2009

On 22 Jan 2009, at 00:19, Michael Everson wrote:
> Alys in Pow an Anethow dyllys in Kernowek

Congratulations to both the author and the publisher for this great
book. If the snippet that's on Michael's web site is anything to go
by, we're in for a real treat of excellent Cornish prose from
Nicholas! I can't wait to get hold of a copy at the MAGA meeting in
Lost Wydhyel soon.

This will be welcome news to all Kernewegoryon of good heart,
regardless of their orthographic persuasion. With the parallel
editions in English and Irish, the book should be accessible to
readers of a wide range of fluency (I'll be using the E. text as a
crib to the Cornish, for sure!)

The usual whinging begrudgers will doubtless show their wonted ill
grace; but they can be discounted as no more than a 'few old fossils'.

The first book in KS -- it won't be the last, by a long shot!

Eddie Foirbeis Climo