[Spellyans] 'up, upwards'

nicholas williams njawilliams at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 19:44:18 GMT 2009

Yes. In Late Cornish the forms without pre-occlusion are much more
common
than the pre-occluding form. I have found only one example of in badn.
lemyn me es goer in badn CW 2202

Whereas in ban, a man, a mann are normal in Late Cornish.
Rowe writes mann 'up' but also keber < kebmer and vednyaz < wovydnas.
That is to say he pre-occludes in some words but never in in ban/in man.

Neil in his dictionary writes 'up' as aman passim.

That is why I should prefer to write in bàn, in màn and in badn.

Nicholas