[Spellyans] 'up, upwards'

Christian Semmens christian.semmens at gmail.com
Sat Jan 24 18:52:37 GMT 2009

Although I understand there are some aesthetic sensibilities in RLC regading
the use of the letter 'i' but, so far I haven't seen much engagement from
the RLC community here with the exception of Mina and Neil. Is this so
important to them?

I must say, for my part, I tend to side with Eddie and Craig in this matter
and would prefer that, if we must use 'in' then, as Andrew suggests, 'yn' is
optional. I don't think there would be much likelyhood of there being
confusion between the adverbial particle and the preposition if both were
rendered 'yn'.

Christian