[Spellyans] SWF

Craig Weatherhill craig at agantavas.org
Wed Jan 28 10:57:06 GMT 2009

I'm becoming increasingly concerned by the creeping misconception
being encouraged by the term "Main Form".  Some are seeing this as
"the official SWF", reducing the status and importance of the
Traditional Form to a mere sideline role.  This is causing a problem
in explaining to people that SWF/T has total equality, apart from use
by official bodies and the early stages of formal education.

I must admit that. from the start, I was never happy with the term
"Main Form", so am suggesting another title.  I now call the two SWF K-
form, and SWF Traditional Form (SWF/K and SWF/T) and have started to
use those on Cornwall 24.  If others agree, use of these terms could
encourage a change and restore the balance.