[Spellyans] "understand" in Cornish

nicholas williams njawilliams at gmail.com
Sat Mar 7 18:12:16 GMT 2009

I agree. That is why in Alys I wrote pednwysk 'headgear, hat' but
penwysker 'hatter'. In the first the prefix is stressed, in the second
never.
I agree that decisions need to be made about all items containing
cam-, pen-, etc.

The word ùnderstondya has primary stress on the o and secondary stress
on the ù. That means that in the compound
camùnderstondya the cam- is not stressed and should be spelt <cam>,
not <camm, cabm>.

Nicholas