[Spellyans] Multiple adjectives after feminine nouns

nicholas williams njawilliams at gmail.com
Sat Mar 14 20:28:45 GMT 2009

I learnt this from Caradar and followed him in Clappya Kernowek.
I think I was mistaken.

I cannot find any example in the texts.
It probably comes about by misunderstanding Lhuyd's discussion
at AB: 243c, where he says a prefixed adjective lenites its noun
but not if the verb 'to be' intervenes:
Bennen vraz but Braz yu an vennen na.
If we write Buwgh wydn dâ we are effectively saying Buwgh dâ, which
cannot be right.
In Cornish fest onen deg 'a really pretty one' occurs
and yet onen is masculine. This is because the feminine
lenition is carried over from the implied feminine noun (benen)
which is not mentioned.
By how much the more should
Buwgh wydn dhâ contain double lenition
(as in the other Celtic languages).