[Spellyans] Multiple adjectives after feminine nouns

Eddie Climo eddie_climo at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Mar 16 19:31:47 GMT 2009

On 16 Mer 2009, at 18:47, Michael Everson wrote:
>> I was told a while ago by someone whose Cornish is far better than
>> mine (not a difficult achievement, mind!) that I absolutely could
>> not start a sentence with 'Yn meth ...' because it was 'not
>> attested in the historical corpus'. Someone else suggested that it
>> was in fact attested, and in the best-known piece of Cornish prose
>> there is: Jowan Chy an Horth. I checked, and that is so.
>
> It starts a *clause* in Jowan Chy an Horth. It does not stand in
> absolute initial position. There is a difference.

That happens not to be so. If you look in John Page's edition, you'll
find it starting at least 2 sentences, as I stated. Look at p.15 l.13,
and p.35 l.1

There may be other instances in this book, but these 2 are certain.

It also starts at least 2 main clauses.

Eddie Foirbeis Climo
Dres ethom akennow byner re bons lyeshes
Accenti non multiplicandi praeter necessitatem