[Spellyans] Introducing myself

steve at chygwyn.com steve at chygwyn.com
Thu Mar 19 08:47:39 GMT 2009

Hi,

As per the mailing list instructions, here is my self-introduction...

I'm currently living in Swansea, South Wales and working for
Red Hat (who distribute and support free and open source software).
Although not conntected with my day job (which is working on cluster
filesystems for storing large amounts of data shared between
computers in datacentres) I thought it would be a good idea to
try and get a translation project going to provide free/open source
software in Cornish.

My knowledge of Cornish is fairly limited, but I hope that by starting
up such a project, I might be able to use it as a way of doing something
practical to help me learn a bit more.

Currently I'm in the process of asking the Fedora project to set
up some basic resources (a wiki and a mailing list) at which point
I will then publicise the project a bit more.

One of the main issues which I will need to resolve is the correct
naming of the locale/translation files, and hence my earlier (awaiting
moderation) question.

I'm not sure what else to tell you all about myself at this point
but my home page at the fedora project (which has a few more details) is:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Swhiteho

Steve.