[Spellyans] Introducing myself

steve at chygwyn.com steve at chygwyn.com
Fri Mar 20 19:14:21 GMT 2009

Hi,

On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 08:49:43AM +0000, Christian Semmens wrote:
> Hi Steve,
>
> Welcome to the list. I'm very pleased to hear from you! I am a great
> supporter of Free/Open Source software myself (I run the server support team
> for a large UK university) and use much of it myself. Our set-up is largely
> SuSE clusters because of the Novell link, but I have used many distributions
> including Red Hat, Fedora, Ubuntu, Gentoo, etc.... This is great opportunity
> and I look forward to being able to help out with this endeavour! It is
> something I have wanted to do for a long time!
>
> Regards,
>
> Christian

I've got as far as setting up a wiki page, I'm still waiting for some
other items (mailing list, proper link from the web site, etc) but
anyway, the URL is:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Cornish

There are a lot of loose ends to tidy up, but its a start at least. I've
also had some favourable feedback from a number of people now which is
encouraging.

As for choice of distribution, its probably not that important - my
aim was just to find a place to coordinate the project from and I
expect that at least initially all efforts would be focused upon
the more important of the major desktop applications. I've put an initial
hit-list on the above web page.

I've also had a message from someone who has a similar project focused
around Ubuntu who is using kw for the SWF, so if there is a precedent
for that, then I'm happy to follow it. So even if its not quite correct,
it at least would allow the project to make progress in the mean time,

Steve.