[Spellyans] Abbreviating Ordinal Numbers

Craig Weatherhill weatherhill at freenet.co.uk
Thu Mar 26 07:52:28 GMT 2009

I'm not sure that a progressive sequence would emerge, Eddie.  We say:
"This year, next year, the year after next, etc."  Or, "this term,
next term, and the summer term".  'Next' is used to denote the event
following the present one.

I agree that mata = 'mate, fellow', from the mackerel count.

Craig