[Spellyans] An Abecedary Kernowek

Craig Weatherhill craig at agantavas.org
Mon Mar 30 08:09:38 IST 2009

Absolutely, but what I'm getting at is that the alphabet has to
contain alternatives for M and N (i.e. BM and DN) to be complete.

By the way, Andrew and I came across an annoying problem with the SWF
which has commol but comolen.  Surely the collective noun is in error
as the word does not preocclude.  If not, then we have an unnecessary
complication for learners (why double M in one but not the other?).  I
thought it was agreed that geminates would only occur in stressed
syllables where it is known that preocclusion applies, e.g. dhymm/
dhybm; omma/obma.

Craig

On 29 Mer 2009, at 22:41, Michael Everson wrote:

> On 29 Mar 2009, at 22:19, Craig Weatherhill wrote:
>
>> With M and N we would have to have two entries for each: one for
>> the unpreoccluded form and one where preocclusion applies.
>
> Pre-occlusion could not apply to these words unless they were
> attested with pre-occlusion.

Craig Weatherhill