[Spellyans] Good day

Michael Everson everson at evertype.com
Thu May 28 16:40:48 BST 2009

Dan,

On 28 May 2009, at 16:25, Daniel Prohaska wrote:

> I should have written durdadhe hwei in the Late Cornish version.
> According to the SWF spec SWF/MC has dhywgh hwi, while SWF/LC has
> dhe hwei.

I know. So what?

> I give it as a contraction of Duw roy dydh da dhywgh hwi.

Yes, we know what it is a contraction of. So what?

> durda dhy’hwi, (SWF/MC).
> durda dhy’whi, (SWF/MCt).

I object! We do not write "good b'ye" to indicate that it derives from
"be with ye".

All that is needed for this fossilized phrase is "durda dhe" + hwi/whi/
hwei/whei

One of the worst things about the SWF is its ham-fisted and amateurish
way of handling of punctuation and "abbreviation".