[Spellyans] Dan's dissernya

Craig Weatherhill weatherhill at freenet.co.uk
Wed May 27 09:05:13 IST 2009

Indeed.  The idea of a dictionary commission was mooted a while ago
and, indeed, it was one of the matters for round-the-table discussion
at Lostwithiel in January.  As far as I know, nothing further has been
done.  There was mention of getting Andrew Hawke to head it but I have
spoken to him, and he isn't interested in doing so.

It does seem to me that the Language Development Office is dragging
its feet.  We're no closer to getting the language onto school
curricula and, if the SWF is to be of any use at all, it is essential
to have a dictionary in place.  Without one, the SWF can't progress in
any way.  For the life of me, I can't understand the lack of action.

Craig