[Spellyans] Good day

nicholas williams njawilliams at gmail.com
Thu May 28 15:24:33 IST 2009

No. It should be Dùrda dhywgh why and Dùrda dhis/dhe jy.
If we leave Durdadha as a unit it will be stressed on the penultimate
syllable.
But Durda is stressed on the <u>.
Durda is from Duw roy dëdh dâ 'may God give good day' and is a natural
unit.
It is pronounced with [u], not [iw] or [y] and thus should carry a
grave.

Nicholas