[Spellyans] nut

Craig Weatherhill weatherhill at freenet.co.uk
Thu Nov 26 15:31:18 GMT 2009

I thought that 'knowen' was an invention by KG that has no precedent.
However, it appears that *cnowen, 'nut-tree' occurs in Lhuyd, 51c.
Note, however, that this is 'nut-tree', not 'nut'.  In which case
*knowen, to translate as 'nut', would seem to be a KG invention and
inadmissable as truly Cornish.

Craig