[Spellyans] bat

Michael Everson everson at evertype.com
Sat Nov 28 20:43:51 GMT 2009

On 28 Nov 2009, at 20:12, nicholas williams wrote:

> With tycky Duw we have a plural tycky Duwas.

We also have tyckyas Duw.

> To be consistent ought we say eskelly grehynas?

It seems to me that we must indeed have a way of saying both "bat" and
"bats".

askel grohen, a leather-wing, seems to say 'bat' to me.

eskelly crohen, leather-wings, seems fine for 'bats'.

KK is using this anyway (as askell-groghen, eskelli-kroghen); George
takes sgelli grehan as a plural,and points to Breton askell-groc'hen.
It seems likely that "askel grohen" should indeed be used as a
singular Cornish.