[Spellyans] Henry Jenner's signature

Ken MacKinnon ken at ferintosh.org
Thu Oct 8 12:07:00 IST 2009

Michael and friends,

Sorry cannot help re Jenner's signature.   However,  I have in fact pored
through the boxes of Jenner's papers in the Courtney archive in Truro.
There is quite a bit there and I would hazard a guess and seem to remember
that there were quite a number of personal letters.

I was in search of the original of the 'Caernarfon telegramme' sent by
Hambley Rowe to Jenner at the Celtic Congress of 1904 - and which he waved
about to telling effect that Cornish was an actual and extant living
language.    This played its part in Cornwall being recognised as a 'Celtic
Country'.    I had hoped to locate it in time for the Centenary - but was
unable to find it.

Does anyone know whether anyone has managed to track it down and can assist
as to its present location?  Its importance is that it is in a sense the
Revival's foundation document - and Hambley Rowe was using the then cutting
edge of latest technology to relaunch the language.

- an Ken ken