[Spellyans] Holyer an Gof 2010

Craig Weatherhill craig at agantavas.org
Tue Aug 17 19:57:14 IST 2010

It is surprising (or maybe it isn't).  The children's song book isn't
original, but a mere translation into SWF/M of a UC book which was
issued decades ago.  I have a copy here somewhere.

I was pleased that 'Cornovia' received a Commendation but, in a way,
disappointed as well.  Yes, it's a book which informs, with up-to-date
facts and full-colour illustrations, of Cornwall's prehistory and pre-
Norman history. Irrespective of that, the photographers and the
publisher turned it into one of the most stunning productions I've
ever seen.  I still pick it up and find it hard to believe that the
name on the cover is mine!  It must have been some book and some
production to have beaten that.

Perhaps 'Nautilus' didn't contain enough Cornish-related content.
I'll try again when the new one I've just started on ('The Amezola
Log' - a modern Dan Brown-type story with the 1595 Spanish raid on
Mount's Bay at its core).  Perhaps that will do better.

However, 200,000 words of Cornish published by Michael never got as
much as a nod.  I do find that a little strange.

Craig

Craig Weatherhill