[Spellyans] Holyer an Gof 2010

Nige Martin nige.martin at gmail.com
Wed Aug 18 08:41:09 IST 2010

This email is not worthy of publishing on the list, it is for the
moderator's consideration.

I have to agree, the decision concerning the Cornish Language entries does
appear a little strange but, I do not know what criteria was used during the
judging process.  To Michael, Craig and others that produce KS material;
don't let 'them' grind you down, please continue with your endeavours.
Although I do not possess the capacity to influence the masses, I am using
word-of-mouth to promote KS within my community.

During a recent Public Affairs course in Budapest I provided a precis of
Cornwall's history and made it absolutely clear that Cornwall has it's own
language and that, in my humble opinion, KS is the purest form.  Here at
NATO Mons, Belgium my daughter (President of the International/American High
School students) actively promotes all things Cornish, whilst I do the same
within the workplace.  Small but significant steps for us (my daughter and
I).

Some thoughts that occurred to me:
Has anyone enquired about the reasons why no recognition, commendation or
awards for the KS publications were forthcoming?
Perhaps one could request a copy of the criteria used by the judges; either
by telephone, post or email (pellgowser at btinternet.com). Has anyone
established linkeage between the judges, gorsedhkernow and recipients of the
awards?
Keep up the great work everyone.

Nigel