[Spellyans] Holyer an Gof 2010

Herbie Blackburn kevin.blackburn1 at ntlworld.com
Mon Aug 23 13:01:24 IST 2010

Not only the 'most conprehensive', but I believe it to be the most
authentic. Since 1980 I have been interested in Celtic languages, and have
been studying them as an amateur purely for interest. I naturally only had
UC as a guide in those early days. As my study is comparative, my interest
was in finding Cornish translations through the centuries that corresponded
to the other Celtic languages. Over the course of this study it is plain
that UC grew out of actual historically written Cornish, and tried to make
some consistency within it. UCR took this to another level, but still did
not lose that link with the past. I have various KK and 'Modern' Cornish
vocabs and glossaries, which really seem to bear no resemblance to
traditional Cornish, not have any natural correspondence to other Celtic
languages.

Like many I rejoiced when UCR came out, in that it seemed a natural
progression of the work to date, and gave us a more complete and cohesive
corpus to work with, without throwing away that past. I too shall continue
to use UCR.

Regards

Herbie