[Spellyans] Cornish fonts

Eddie Climo eddie_climo at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Aug 30 12:11:50 IST 2010

Ken whek,

Your point is a good one. For regular printed text, Cornish should use
the same wide range of excellent fonts that English and other European
languages enjoy—everything from the (overused) likes of Helvetica and
Times New Roman to less well-known beauties.

But for display purposes, titling, logos and such, absolutely anything
may suit the work in hand. I adore the look of a display page of
Cornish in blackletter (although I wouldn't want to read a whole book
in it!).

Having made that assertion, I couldn't resist having a go with one of
my favourite blackletter fonts, and have taken the liberty of
appending the results below. I've used the version 'An Pader' in Andy
Phillips' 2004 'Lyver Pejadow', and I make no apologies for it being
in the excellent UCR orthography. Perhaps someone might care to repeat
the experiment in KS, using one of Michael's lovely Celtic fonts (at
the risk of being accused of ectopicity or worse!)

Sorry this is a little off-topic, but we need a bit of fun now and
then…and it IS a jolly good prayer!

Eddie Climo