[Spellyans] in the future

Eddie Climo eddie_climo at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Dec 1 18:03:28 GMT 2010

Let's not forget that y'n termyn a dhe has both future and present
meanings, and can be equally well translated either as the time which
will come or as the time that comes.

Personally, I'm happy with both of the constructions mentioned
already, as long as they're used appropriately, i.e.
y'n termyn a dhe
y'n termyn usy ow tos

We're talking about personal stylistic choice here, and other
possibilities might include:
y'n termyn a wra dos
y'n termyn a vyn dos
y'n termyn a vyth ow tos
y'n devedhek
…or even perhaps…
y'n termyn a vyth devedhys
y'n termyn a dhegensew
y'n termyn degensewek

It's grand that there are so many choices in Cornish sometimes!

Eddie Foirbeis Climo
Dres ethom akennow byner re bo lyeshes
Accenti non multiplicandi praeter necessitatem