[Spellyans] a denewen "aside"

Michael Everson everson at evertype.com
Thu Feb 11 15:07:21 GMT 2010

On 11 Feb 2010, at 14:35, Daniel Prohaska wrote:

> Thanks Owen. I think it gives KS or proposals for emendations of the SWF so much more credibility to minimise the differences between the orthographies. <Tenewen> and <a-denewen> are the consensual forms and any decision to move away from these spellings ought to be done for a good reason.

The decision to take KK spellings as the basis for the SWF was in itself hardly "consensual"; it was a default position taken in the AHG meetings, and members of Agan Tavas and the Cùssel both criticized it.

A number of us do not consider George's work to be error-free enough to give it carte blanche, in the matter of vowels in unstressed syllables.