[Spellyans] Squires

Michael Everson everson at evertype.com
Sat Feb 20 12:04:30 GMT 2010

On 20 Feb 2010, at 11:24, janicelobb at tiscali.co.uk wrote:

> what have you got against  -ion endings for LC?

It is nothing about "having anything 'against'" anything. But we make a distinction between -ion and -yon.

In KS and in the SWF, when we write <io> it means that the first element is stressed [ˈiːə], while <yo> means that the first element is a consonant [jə].

The plural of Kembro is Kembrion [kɛmˈbɹiːən] (kem-BRI-on)

The plural of Pibor is piboryon [pɪˈbɔɹjən] (pi-BOR-yon)

In "Berlitz transcription": io means EE-uh and yo means yuh.