[Spellyans] bury

Herbie Blackburn kevin.blackburn1 at ntlworld.com
Thu Feb 25 12:44:18 GMT 2010

My thoughts were that <an-> Is a negative prefix akin to 'un- / dis-' in
prefixes meaning 'to put into / on'. Should the use of a prefix to mean 'to
put into / on' as <en-> be largely consistant, and therefore most similarly
formed words use the same principle, e.g. <encressya>, <encladhva>,
<encledhyas> etc., with exceptions where common usage determines an
alternative so as to make the language natural, rather than prescriptive. I
therefore see the options being all similar words commencing <en-> or <yn->,
one being chosen as the preferred option, and that <an-> is used for
negation.

Regards

Herbie

eMail: kevin.blackburn1 at ntlworld.com

P Please consider the environment before printing this eMail - thanks

  _____