[Spellyans] drog

A. J. Trim ajtrim at msn.com
Sat Jan 16 23:09:30 GMT 2010

If it is correct Cornish to always write da after the noun but to write drog before the noun, then we should not change that. We should use the Traditional Texts as our guide to what is "correct", unless there is a good reason to deviate.

I believe that we should be reviving Cornish, and not just translating each word from the English. Here, I suspect that we are trying to translate an English usage which did not occur in the Traditional Texts so it may be acceptable to extend the rules of idiom to some extent. However, the basic rules of grammar should probably be followed.

How about saying instead (in your chosen orthography) something like:

gwell yv zys yn-kensa an nowozow da po drog?

Regards,

Andrew J. Trim