Craig Weatherhill craig at agantavas.org
Wed Jul 21 19:00:03 IST 2010

I must have mentioned the late Cecil Roberts of Sennen Cove, who would
pronounce the LL of "Scilly' as though he were saying "still life".
Dick Gendall heard and noted him, too.  Terry George, also of Sennen
Cove and the former lifeboat cox'n, pronounces "enys" (as in Enys
Dodnan) as "ain-ez" ("ai" as in "air").

Craig

On 21 Gor 2010, at 17:18, Ray Chubb wrote:

> I think one thing we can be sure of is that the St Ives
> pronunciation certainly did not come from English.
>
> On 21 Gor 2010, at 12:24, j.mills at email.com wrote:
>
>> Comments please on Bock's recent paper.
>> http://homepage.univie.ac.at/albert.bock/archive/l_ll_lh_SA.pdf
>>
>> Ol an gwella,