ewan wilson butlerdunnit at ntlworld.com
Thu Jul 22 21:21:27 IST 2010

Dear Folks,

Sadly my old rattle-bones of a computer just won't open up the link to this fascinating topic of  /l/ /ll/ and /lh/ sounds. Is the last one related in any way to Welsh /ll/?

References to both the late Seamus O'Coilean's Cornish thesis and Iwan Wmffre's Handbook are most tantalising. It's made me go back and look again at my cherished copy of Tavas A Ragadazow though I had made the decision to get seriously stuck into Unified once and for all while awaiting the finalised version of the  SWF  which I believe is due to be hammered out ( or finely honed?!) in 2012. I'm not sure why folk keep saying learning LC isn't easy. It strikes me as a deal simpler than dear, old UC.
Incidentally, in pursuit of disciplined acquisition I had also decuded to do Hilary Shaw's course but I got no reply. Anyone have her current contact details? I'll include stamp for reply this time!

Pup bennath! ( ben nath?!)

Ewan.