Michael Everson everson at evertype.com
Fri Jul 23 12:55:11 IST 2010

On 23 Jul 2010, at 12:01, Daniel Prohaska wrote:

What we can say is that the SA made an orthographic distinction. This does not *necessarily* imply anything about his pronunciation. In this I found Albert's paper begging that question.

In any case I am in agreement with Nicholas:

So far as I know, even those Revivalists who do distinguish two kinds of "l" do not do so for all words in <ll>. (Do you, Dan, for instance?) A comprehensive study of Revived Cornish in this matter would also be most welcome.