[Spellyans] SWF glossary

Daniel Prohaska daniel at ryan-prohaska.com
Sat Jul 24 19:21:31 IST 2010

Christian,

Thanks for this. The spelling **Pennsans is clearly wrong because a) there is no agreement on place names, and b) the first syllable is unstressed.

In the SWF <nn> per se does not necessarily imply pre-occlusion as we see with the much discussed example <jynn> which does not have a variant **jydn.

Dan

  _____