[Spellyans] Blejyow or Flowrys?

Ken MacKinnon ken at ferintosh.org
Tue Jun 1 18:00:10 IST 2010

Hi Ewan,

Many thanks for your reply.   I did not know Simpson but am very long
acquainted with Donald Meek who was at Edinburgh before becoming Prof at
Aberdeen - and then returned to Edinburgh as research professor.  We were
close colleagues when I had an honorary fellowship in Celtic at Edinburgh -
and we were also members ( he as chair) of MAGOG, and were both nvolved in
drafting ithe Meek Report.

Lampeter has taught Cornish.  In fact some years ago I was part of a HEFCW
team which inspected Celtic Studies there - and amongst other things I sat
in on an actual Cornish class.

I have over recent years been working my way up the Cornish exams of the
Language Board ( Kesva).   I have done these in Unified principally because
that was the version I had most familiarity with.  I pourchased Caradar's
Cornush Simplified ( first edition) in 1949 ( at Bridger's Library in
Penzance).  My studies of Cornish have been very much a case of fystynna yn
lent! - Ken

Ken MacKinnon is now on Broadband  with new e-mail addresses:-

ken at ferintosh.org
and also at:-
ken.ferintosh at googlemail.com

My former e-mail addresses are no longer able to be used.

(Prof) Ken MacKinnon
Ivy Cottage, Ferintosh,
The Black Isle, by Dingwall,
Ross-shire  IV 7 8HX