[Spellyans] Blejyow or Flowrys?

ewan wilson butlerdunnit at ntlworld.com
Wed Jun 2 22:47:00 IST 2010

As most self respecting Scots can pronounce 'wh' without conscious effort, I
am intrigued to think it might be a difficult sound for English speakers in
England 'Sassenachs'/Saxons, as we say. Is it really a problem that the 'hw'
digraph solves?
Do I detect a drift that KK users are more stubborn in resisting SWF/KS
whereas UC/UCR/LC are more amenable?

Ewan.