[Spellyans] An SWF glossary

Craig Weatherhill craig at agantavas.org
Mon Jun 7 04:30:18 IST 2010

I warned about the deliberate sidelining of SWF/T months ago.  I also
warned that, if we did not start to produce in SWF/T - whatever its
shortcomings - then we would only be helping this process and pave the
way for the return of KK in 2013.  Have we learned nothing from 1987?

I repeat that warning right now.  If we don't publish in SWF/T during
this next 3 years, then KS will not even get the opportunity for a
look-in in 2013.  It has to be remembered that, despite the
Commissioners' recommendations, KS is not part of the SWF process.  It
was sidelined by stealth.  I understand that Michael does not want to
publish in a flawed orthography (he has produced Skeul an Tavas in SWF/
T, and also my dictionary of place-names which is compatible with both
KS and SWF/T) but, if we don't raise the visible profile of SWF/T, and
raise it considerably, then we're cutting our own throats.  Pride and
preference shouldn't enter into it.  We all need to see the bigger
picture and understand what is going on.  We really do need to be
publishing SWF/T and KS in at least equal amounts.  It's only for 3
years, for Heaven's sake.

If we don't publish in SWF/T, then we, too, will be guilty of
sidelining the /T form within the recognised process, and helping
those who are gearing up to engineer the return of KK.  If that
happens, then we can hardly complain because we will have contributed
to it by failing to support the /T form.  We have to open our eyes to
what is happening!

To put it very simply - the sidelining of SWF/T is deliberate.  It's
to ensure that, in 2013, the argument will be: no-one uses it; no one
publishes in it, so it can be discarded.  There isn't an active /T
form to be corrected (and KS gets pushed out right there). This leaves
only the /M form, which is flawed, and we have the perfect solution.
It's called KK.  If we get to that stage, anyone who thinks that KS
will get the slightest look-in is deluding himself.

Now - am I going to be listened to this time?  This is one issue where
I never want to have to say: "I told you so".  Wake up and smell the
manure!

I have produced an SWF/T glossary - Eng-Cornish and reversed as well,
which I can e-mail to anyone who wants a copy.  Not huge - about 2,000
headwords.

(By the way, I'm supposedly a member of the Corpus Group.  How come
I'm not being sent details of proceedings?)

Craig

Craig Weatherhill