[Spellyans] An SWF glossary

Michael Everson everson at evertype.com
Mon Jun 7 08:57:32 IST 2010

On 7 Jun 2010, at 09:09, Craig Weatherhill wrote:

> We know all that, Michael - you're preaching to the converted.
>
> Nonetheless, what I'm afraid of is that you're not seeing the big picture.  It doesn't matter what I want to see published in SWF/T.

Oh? I thought you were telling me to publish something in it. I can't think of anything; I asked your opinin.

> The fact is that, however flawed it is, we have to keep its profile up in order for KS to inform its revision in 3 years time.  If we don't then we - and KS - are out of the game.  I fully understand why you don't want to publish in SWF/T:  you need to understand why we must.

I still can't think of anything I'd like to publish in the SWF. Certainly no one has offered me anything.

> You're proud of KS.  You have every right to be.  But beware of complacency.

200,000 words of Cornish is hardly complacent as you well know.

> Pride comes before a fall and, in order to avoid that fall, one needs to be prepared to swallow some of that pride - at least temporarily - and do things you don't wish to do.  We need to promote SWF/T to pave the way for KS.

I edited Skeul an Tavas, and will edit its second edition. I don't know what else you expect. The Seat of Storms, if translated, will pretty certainly not be translated into the SWF.