[Spellyans] An SWF glossary & Unified versus SWF

Ken MacKinnon ken at ferintosh.org
Wed Jun 9 10:39:50 IST 2010

Ewan ker hag an gowetha oll,

Glanville Price was upposed to have brought out an English version of the Llawlyfr some years ago.  But I have heard nothing since.  Does anyone have any news on this ?

I very much share the views expressed here.  I suppose it has been familiarity that has endeared me to UC - but it is very much the case that having commenced the exams in this form I have continued with them.

It was Jenner who aimed to take up the language where it left off and it has always seemed to me that his form of Cornish was essentially Late Cornish but he spelled it in accordance with a more traditional Cornish orthography.    That said it may not have been too great a departure from this for KS to have been developed.

So good luck with your decision, Ewan - you are by no means alone.   Eddie has reminded us that UC opens a considerable modern as a well as a traditional literature.   That very much deserves to be reclaimed.  I wonder whether someone like Alan kent and his publisher Francis Boutle could be persuaded to put it between covers for a contemporary  readership.

gans gorhemmynadow / le deagh dhurachd - Ken

Ken MacKinnon is now on Broadband  with new e-mail addresses:-

ken at ferintosh.org
and also at:-
ken.ferintosh at googlemail.com

My former e-mail addresses are no longer able to be used.

(Prof) Ken MacKinnon
Ivy Cottage, Ferintosh,
The Black Isle, by Dingwall,
Ross-shire  IV 7 8HX