[Spellyans] An SWF glossary & Unified versus SWF

Eddie Climo eddie_climo at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jun 9 18:01:41 IST 2010

On 9 Efn 2010, at 09:07, janicelobb at tiscali.co.uk wrote:

> Slightly ironic that you should choose to illustrate your advice
> about not leaving the old way for a new way with a quotation in UC
> from (as you call it) Jowan Chy an Horth. Surely the original
> authentic manuscripts for this story (Boson ca. 1660 and Lhuyd ca.
> 1700) are both in Modern/Late Cornish - an very useful we find them.
> Who "translated" them into Unified? Or was there an earlier version
> in Middle Cornish that I don't know about?

A fair point, Janice, and I have to confess laziness as my motive,
having neglected to replace the downloaded LC texts I lost in a hard
disk crash a while back. I've now returned to the Cussel site (http://home.btconnect.com/htm_cornwall/index.html
) and am downloading fresh copies of everything. So, to replace the
quote from the UC edition of 'Jowan' by John Page, here's the LC
original:

> Komeer weeth na reo gara an vorr goeth rag an vorr noueth.

:)

Eddie Climo